Laser shaft alignment
Laser shaft alignment using high-precision measuring systems and calibrated alignment shims BALTECH-23458N is a process of correcting position of axes of a machine rotating elements relative to each other in accordance with the required standards and tolerances.
The electric motor is controlled in vertical and horizontal planes. Misalignment can be parallel, angle, or a combination of both types.
The misaligned equipment can lead to:
- increased noise and vibration of a machine;
- increase of friction forces and as a result increase of energy consumption;
- bearing heating;
- grease leakage;
- damage of load carrying structures and anchor bolts;
- premature failure of couplings, bearing units, seals;
- production of low-quality products;
- emergency shut-down of a machine, line or plant;
- unplanned downtime of a plant
The laser alignment procedure includes:
- Collection and analysis of technical information about the equipment
- Equipment measurement (misalignment amount is calculated by the BALTECH SA-4300 alignment system)
- Shaft alignment procedure
- Report preparation
During the laser alignment of pumps, fans, compressors, gearboxes and electric motors we recommend that you always use new calibrated shims for shaft alignment BALTECH-23458N Series. Our shim sets are delivered in cases from our office BALTECH GmbH. The cases are labeled with the names of the shims therefore you don’t need to open the cases to learn which shims there are. We deliver two types of the cases (article 8035 is for the shims BALTECH-234N, article 8035 is for the shims BALTECH-5N).
For easy and accurate laser alignment we recommend that you also use the feeler gauges BALTECH FG and adjustable chocks BALTECH DM.
After the fan alignment is performed always make the on-site balancing using the portable device for dynamic balancing BALTECH VP-3470 or BALTECH VP-3460.
We invite all technicians for training and certification in laser shaft alignment. The TOP-101 training course is held within one day and takes place once a quarter at our office BALTECH GmbH, Lubeck, Germany.