Tools for precise shaft alignment
Today most companies in the world perform shaft alignment with the modern laser systems. But the shaft alignment is not an easy procedure, therefore it requires some additional tools for the precise shaft alignment. Very often a specialist spends much time not for measuring but for selecting the required calibration shims, measuring gauges, adjustable supports and other additional tools.
To perform the precise shaft alignment it is necessary to check for the «soft foot» which can be done using the BALTECH FG Series calibration gauges (metal thickness gauges). Every technician should have the feeler gauges as they can be used not only for performing the precise shaft alignment but also for measuring clearances in the rolling element bearings and in other machinery.
The BALTECH FG (FeelerGauge Series) feeler gauges are made of hardened stainless steel.
The main advantages of the BALTECH FG feeler gauges are: easy - to use, high measuring precision, quality and reliability.
In addition to the feeler gauges it is also necessary to have the BALTECH-23458N Series of the calibration shims that are made of the stainless steel. As a rule, the shims made of low-carbon steel, transformer sheet and plastic materials are not applicable because of the several reasons. One of the reasons is deformation and change of the thickness under the load which leads to the shaft misalignment during the machine operation, as well as to the shims corrosion. The BALTECH-23458N calibration shims will allow you to perform the precise shaft alignment. If you use them together with the BALTECH SA-4300 shaft alignment system you will spend minimum time while the result will be optimal.
The advantages of the BALTECH-23458N for the precise shaft alignment:
- The shims are delivered in various sizes. A specialist will easily select the required thickness;
- All the shims are packed in the ergonomic package or in cases of 10 pieces of every thickness;
- All the shims are marked with the thickness in mm or inches;
- The shims have high precision;
- The shims have no burrs and are safe;
- The steel corresponds to DIN 17222, EN100272 1.43105, AISI 304;
- All the shims can be delivered in ergonomic and handy cases.
The sets are composed of the standard U-shaped calibration shims, which simplifies the selection of the required shims for vertical alignment.
The shim steel provides their longevity, while the high quality of the surface excludes damping of the installed machines. The new BALTECH-23458N calibration shims are produced in 5 sizes: 2,3,4,5 ? 8.
The shims of the types 2,3,4,5 are made in thickness (12):
- In millimeters: 0,05; 0,075; 0,10; 0,125; 0,20; 0,25; 0,40; 0,50; 0,70; 1,00; 2,00; 3,00
- In inches: 0.002”; 0.003”; 0.004”; 0.005”; 0.008”; 0.010”; 0.015”; 0.020”; 0.027”; 0.039”; 0.079”; 0.118”
The shims of the type 8 are made in thickness (10):
- In millimeters: 0,05; 0,10; 0,20; 0,25; 0,40; 0,50; 0,70; 1,00; 2,00; 3,00
- In inches: 0.002”; 0.004”; 0.008”; 0.010”; 0.015”; 0.020”; 0.027”; 0.039”; 0.079”; 0.118”
Reliability technologies. These seminars are recommended for specialists who perform the machine alignment, dynamic balancing and geometry measurement: flatness, straightness, parallelism and squareness. If you have the BALTECH SA-Pro kit you will be able to perform any repair of the rotary machine perfectly and on time.
So let’s sum up. In order to perform fast and precise shaft alignment you need the following:
- The excellent shaft alignment system BALTECH SA-4300, because it allows performing the alignment even to specialists who don’t have big experience in the alignment.
- The BALTECH FG feeler gauges and the BALTECH-23458N precision shims made of the stainless steel.
- The kit of additional alignment tools BALTECH SA-Pro.
More than 2000 Customers all over the world trust our products. We are looking to cooperate with distributers from all the countries. All our partners are achieving high business results by performing qualitative service works on the shaft alignment and dynamic balancing. We help to reduce the unplanned repairs and emergency shut-downs, which undoubtedly leads to cost minimization in all industries.